-->

Monday, February 12, 2007

New projects ... I think


Today, I actually got some knitting done for the first time since almost a month ago! I went to the barn this morning because Harry is going out again, and he has to be sedated to go out because he is not allowed to run or even trot until we ultrasound his leg again (which will hopefully be next week - keep your fingers crossed!!). Anyway, it was TOO COLD to stand outside with him for the 2 hours that he was outside, so instead - I drove my car up by his paddock and sat in there to knit while I watched to make sure he was calm and just hanging out while he was outside.

He was so good, and I got several rows done in my irish cable bag! I am excited to get that done, but it is seeming a bit tedious right now. I know that I'll use it when I'm done with it, so that makes it more appealing to do. I'm struggling, though, because I want to do a couple of pairs of fingerless gloves before it gets too warm to wear them!

So, because of that - I have been looking for a pattern that I LOVE, but I haven't had much luck. I was searching on the internet for days (literally, I had dreams/nightmares about it - not kidding...I know, I'm a freak) and couldn't find 'that' pattern. Finally, I decided it would be fun to do fingerless gloves with some of my self-striping sock yarn. I went to the dreaded website of 'L.B.' and actually found a cute-ish pattern. While I was there, I also saw a pattern that uses some yarn that I have leftover from a Christmas present I made (if you remember that cream and brown sweater that I made for my friend Cathy). It's a super cute purse that I think will go really super fast with that yarn, so I got both patterns.


I am going to alter the fingerless gloves pattern to include some cute edging on the top of them - and I might actually knit them so that the stripes on the arms go in the direction of elbow to wrist, rather than around (slimming, right??). I don't know - going to play with it a little bit.

Anyway, I'm just blabbing. Lots going on in my head right now...lots and lots....**sigh**.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Harry is too cute there!! Are you going to finish this bag or keep it on the needles for ever!?