-->

Monday, February 19, 2007

HARRY!!!!!!!

I just flew in from Florida this morning....and BOY my arms are tired!!

I'll be sure to post more about my Florida trip later as there is a lot to tell, and some fun pictures to go with that, but for now - I'm about ready to go to bed. BUT, I couldn't go to bed without posting the BEST NEWS I've had in a LOOOOOOOOONG time!

When I got home from the airport today, I had already scheduled an appointment with my vet to re-evaluate Harry's leg to see if I could start riding him again. He was injured back at the end of October, and it's been a long time waiting...I've missed it so much! Yeah, I've ridden other people's horses, but it just isn't the same. Anyway, the vet was there right on time (UNUSUAL!!) and I brought Harry down as fast as I could so that we could ultrasound his leg. This is the third time we've done that since the injury. We have NEVER seen a tear or even a small hole or small black speck or ANYTHING on the tendon, but we wanted to make sure before he went back to work. Dr. B said that it still looked great and it was about time for me to start riding him again! I was SO excited! I ran to my car, grabbed my breeches, changed clothes and hopped right on!



That is him right after we were done with our ride. He looks SO enthused, I know - haha. The pic is a little blurry, but he's all warm and cozy in his fancy-schmancy cooler that we got for Christmas 2 years ago from Laura.

The ride - it was SO awesome! He was so even, he was tracking right up even on a loose rein, and he went right to work like we had never taken a break. Actually, he felt more even from side to side than he ever had felt before - so a positive not from all of this might be that I can now muscle him evenly on both sides so he isn't so strong on the right and tough to the left.

I can't stand how excited I am - I really needed this!

2 comments:

Marie said...

Did De-lish get a new costume and learn to fly?! Hahaha...

I'm so glad Harry is o-tay! Give him a carrot from me!

Anonymous said...

Good news for Harry!