-->

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My latest project...


Parts of today were really good. These parts include: class was cancelled, we closed at work early, and I got to spend an evening at home relaxing (I should have been cleaning and packing, but whatever). Anyway, so I spent an evening knitting and I worked on my cable ready bag that I started last night. I did maybe 4 rows last night, and tonight - I am 7 rows from finishing the fist side. I took this picture an hour ago - a few inches ago.

This pattern is super fun because the way you finish it with the purse handles totally changes the shape and the look of the purse. The cables are offset every other row which also gives a cool pattern. I am liking this more than I thought I would!

That picture isn't great because you really can't see the detail of the cables, or the relative size of the purse. The finished size is supposed to be 15" x 10", but this is quite a bit longer than 15" right now. I guess once it's sewn and pulled into shape, it'll be shorter.

P.S. Make sure to see how adorable Harry is in my previous post!

4 comments:

Marie said...

You're a knitting maniac! Looks great! Now why can't you knit this fast for our group projects! You and Sharky are killing me!

Stephanie said...

Well, well, well...you give me a hard time for not knitting our "group project" and you go off and start another cabled purse?!

haha!

It looks really great! I love the pattern

Rose Red said...

That bag looks great! Love the pattern - very clever!

Marie said...

I like the bag a lot--and even more so since I saw it in person! I'll take mine in blue, please and thank you!