-->

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Ok, finally. 6 reasons I am a freak...

Ok, so I finally decided to do this. I’m only posting if it becomes interesting enough – we’ll see.

THE RULES: Each player of this game starts with the "6 weird things about you." People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says ‘you are tagged’ in their comments and tell them to read your blog.

1. Ok, let’s start out with an interesting one…and let’s see who can figure this one out. I have been the youngest, only, oldest, and middle child at some point in my life. I would say that’s fairly unique!

2. I have decision making issues. This probably isn’t a surprise to most of you. However, as an example – my older cat’s name is “kitty”. Why you ask? Because when I first got her, I changed her name SO MANY times in the first 6 months that “kitty” is the only thing that stuck. She went from “Sweet-Pea” (I did NOT pick that one out) to “Patches” to “Callie” to one other that I can’t remember, to her final chosen name…wait until you hear the VERY creative name she ended up with…wait for it….wait for it….”Mittens” (She of course has 4 white feet). Anyway, the only name she’ll acknowledge is “kitty”, or versions there-of (“ki-ki” “catten” or “stupid”).

3. This one is hard to admit. I have an IRRATIONAL reaction when I see places that use the letter’ ‘k’ rather than the ‘c’ or ‘qu’ that should appropriately be there. For example, “Korner Kitchen” or “kwick kopies”. This makes me VERY VERY angry. I certainly will never patronize those establishments.

4. I am COMPLETELY OCD about 3 things: 1) Did I remember to lock my door of my house/car? 2) Did I feed my cats/fish? 3) Did I lock Harry’s stall door? Now, to the normal person, these issues might seem like normal things to think about – but I FREAK out about them all day long if I physically cannot picture myself doing it in the first place. Seriously – I panic. On the day after Christmas, I was 4 hours away from my apartment and it was 1am – and I was CERTAIN that I had not left water for my cats when I left 4 days before. I left that late just to drive back and find they still had 2 bowls full. Yeah – I’m a freak.

5. Oh! I just thought of another one! This is pretty “freaky”. I happen to share my brain with my best bud. It’s unfortunate because some days, she has it and so those days are tough for me, and vice versa. It is FREAKY how much alike we are – I mean SUPER FREAKY. I guess that isn’t a surprise to most of you who will read this since you know both of us. But just trust me, it’s freaky. I’ve only known her for like 1.5 years, and …well it needs no further discussion. It’s definitely freaky.

6. And – for the grand finale… when I was a kid, I was sure that each of my limbs/appendages/etc had their own feelings and emotions. SO, I tried to treat them all very equally so that one did not feel left out. As an example, if my right foot would itch, I would scratch it (of course) – but then I would also scratch my left foot in the same spot…you know….just to make sure. (WOW I CANNOT BELIEVE I JUST PUT THAT IN WRITING!!)

I cannot currently think of 6 people to tag...I'll think about it.

2 comments:

Marie said...

How was the brain today? I didn't have it at all...
So, did your right arm ever get jealous at the left and fight each other? If your right arm and left arm did fight, who won?

Anonymous said...

I cna't beleive that about your limbs - what a RIOT! What went along with your behind?